iPod, iPhone, and now iPad: The evolution of multimedia access in a mobile teaching context
Save to My Collections
The problem presented in this poster session is “How can a multimedia database be easily used as a teaching tool in the classroom?” This poster presents the iPad as a mobile handheld delivery tool for multimedia database components. Teaching strategies which utilize the iPad as a teaching tool benefit from several key affordances over previous iPod generations: easy of interaction (touch screen), increased screen size, controllable multimedia playback, significant volume, and various data collection capabilities. The teaching strategy described in this poster is the leading of mobile small group demonstrations using finely controlled multimedia playback. An overview of the process required to easily create a multimedia database on an iPad is presented as a critical component of successful use. This poster session describes a specific application of the iPad in the classroom and further research needs to explore iPad data collection capabilities to extend the use into other educational contexts.
Ostashewski, N. & Reid, D. (2010). iPod, iPhone, and now iPad: The evolution of multimedia access in a mobile teaching context. In Proceedings of World Conference on Educational Multimedia, Hypermedia and Telecommunications 2010 (pp. 2862-2864). Chesapeake, VA: AACE. Retrieved December 12, 2013 from http://www.editlib.org/p/35046.
- Education and Information Technology 2012: A Selection of AACE Award Papers
- Research Highlights in Technology and Teacher Education 2010
- Research Highlights in Technology and Teacher Education 2009
- Research Highlights in Technology and Teacher Education 2012
- The intractability of information: non-governmental development organizations and the uses of knowledge
- iPads in the Classroom – New Technologies, Old Issues: Are they worth the effort?
- Supporting E-Learning with Technologies for Electronic Documents
- February 2010 - Social Media: Trends and Implications for Learning.
- How to Overcome Barriers and Misconceptions of STEM Education in the United States
- Channeling the channel: Can iPad meet the needs of today’s M-Learner
Comments & Discussion
Comment on the paper above. You must be registered to participate. Registration is free.