Screencast and Vodcast: An Experience in Secondary Education
Save to My Collections
Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference (SITE) 2010
San Diego, CA, USA
March 29, 2010
David Gibson & Bernie Dodge
More Information on SITE
Table of Contents
In this article we present an experiment carried out in an 11th grade class (terminal year) in the discipline of Descriptive Geometry A. In a context where failure is high on the national exam, as well as in the discipline’s attendance, the main objectives that motivated the implementation of this educational experience, the GeomCasting, were, on one hand, to increase the interest and motivation of students and the effectiveness of learning and, on ther other hand, to prepare for the national test. The project consisted on the development of multimedia applications based on the concept of podcast / vodcast / screencast, the GeomCast. These applications were created by the teacher and students (in group), whose objective was to enable students to review the discipline’s curriculum content in any place or time, from the Internet, ipods or mobile phones, whenever the memory needs to be refreshed, since these applications are available in the class blog.
Coutinho, C. & Rocha, A. (2010). Screencast and Vodcast: An Experience in Secondary Education. In D. Gibson & B. Dodge (Eds.), Proceedings of Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference 2010 (pp. 1043-1050). Chesapeake, VA: AACE. Retrieved December 9, 2013 from http://www.editlib.org/p/33491.
- Podcasting and Video Podcasting: How it Works and How it’s Used for Instruction
- Vodcasts: Are they an effective tool to enhance student learning? A Case Study from McMaster University, Hamilton Canada.
- Podcasts in Higher Education: What Students Want, What They Really Need, and How This Might be Supported
- What is Web 2.0 Video? Pedagogical Strategy for Infusing Web 2.0 Video in Student Learning
- Teacher Video Production: Techniques for Educational YouTube Movies
- YouTube Annotations: Reflecting Interactive, Web based Hypervideos in Teacher Education
- Evaluation of the Effectiveness of Podcasting in Teaching and Learning
- Evaluating the Use of Instructional Video Podcasts for Middle School Mathematics Students
- Web Video Project as an Instructional Strategy in Teacher Education
- Play Guitar in 10 Minutes: Development of an instant-learn online music education system
Comments & Discussion
Comment on the paper above. You must be registered to participate. Registration is free.