July 2009 - Social Media: Trends and Implications for Learning
Save to My Collections
Siemens, G. & Cormier, D. (2009). July 2009 - Social Media: Trends and Implications for Learning. In G. Siemens & D. Cormier (Eds.), Proceedings of Social Media: Trends and Implications for Learning 2009. GLOBALU.
Retrieved from http://www.editlib.org/p/31437.
Social Media: Trends and Implications for Learning (Social Media) 2009
July 7, 2009
George Siemens & David Cormier
Webpage for Social Media
The first session of Social Media: Trends and Implications for Learning explored research publications and projects related to teaching and learning with technology. Specific topics:
- Social networking: affordances and accessibility
- Teens and social media
- A research-view of net generation learners
- Challenges and opportunities for open educational resources in education
- Ning and Delicious as research and sharing tools
For more information
Join the Social Media ning: http://www.aaceconnect.org/group/socialmedia
|George Siemens:||Dave Cormier|
- Learning and Teaching with Electronic Games
- Is E-Learning True to the Principles of Technology?
- Preparing Teachers to Teach Mathematics with Technology: Key Issues, Concerns and Research Questions
- The Connected Learning Space
- The intractability of information: non-governmental development organizations and the uses of knowledge
- Learning in a Networked World: Trends and Opportunities in the Future of Technology for Learning Environments and Education
- Usage Analysis in Learning Systems
- Knowledge Management in Universities
- Leading and teaching in schools of the future: Using interactive video connectivity and networking in educator preparation programs
- Are Pretty Interfaces Worth the Time? The Effects of User Interface Types on Web-Based Instruction
Comments & Discussion
Comment on the paper above. You must be registered to participate. Registration is free.